You have a dream, an idea, something you’ve been thinking about. You can’t get it out of your head. Even when it disappears for a while, it makes its way back into your brain, reminding you it’s important.
Whatever it is, there’s this reoccurring thought, “Wouldn’t that be awesome?” And then, ever so quickly, self-doubt creeps in. It starts as a whisper, convincing you the idea is stupid. It’s too farfetched. It’s too hard; you couldn’t really do it. And then, just like that, your idea, your dream, goes by the wayside.
Maybe it’s a career change, or maybe it’s taking that class you’ve been thinking about for weeks. Perhaps it’s starting the journey to really take care of your body. Maybe it’s writing that book you’ve always talked about, starting that YouTube channel you’ve toyed with, or finally getting serious about moving to the city you’ve always dreamed of.
Whatever it is, it’s important. Which means self-doubt is bound to creep in. So take inspiration from the quotes below, reminding yourself to stop doubting and just go for it.
1. “Self-doubt is the greatest enemy of any new good habit.” Victoria Moran
2. “Maybe, if you put your disbelief aside, roll up your sleeves, take some risks, and totally go for it, you’ll wake up one day and realize you’re living the kind of life you used to be jealous.” Jen Sincero
3. “Are you feeling a bit shaken, maybe stirred, maybe fearful and doubtful and completely utterly, wildly terrified? Good. Keep going.” Victoria Erickson
4. “A mind troubled by doubt cannot focus on the course of victory.” Arthur Golden
5. “If you hear a voice within you say you cannot paint, then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced.” Vincent van Gogh
And I’m adding one more quote. A number six, if you will. And it’s one of my quotes. “Embrace ready enough.” Quit waiting to feel “100 percent ready.” It won’t happen. Notice the self-doubt, and learn to move forward anyway, even when it’s loud and telling you that you can’t do it. Stop doubting, and embrace ready enough.
PS: If worry is getting in the way of your dreams, definitely check out this post!