Have you been thinking about making a change? Have you been considering starting something new or trying something different? Maybe it’s starting a new exercise routine or meal prep plan. Perhaps it’s developing a daily gratitude or meditation practice. Or maybe you’ve been thinking about applying for a new job.
Whatever it is, my guess is that this change has been on your mind for a while. You’ve debated, considered, and then backed down. You’ve looked into options, and toyed with a few ideas, but you haven’t made it happen.
As humans, we love certainty, and we love comfort. This combo means we often wait for the “right” time to do things. We wait for it to be convenient, comfortable, and easy. We wait for the path to be clear and straight. And guess what? We just keep waiting, and our dreams and desires feel farther away.
I’ve been there. I can relate. And I can also tell you that I’ve never once regretted starting. Sometimes I need a little prodding, though, so I thought you might too. With that, here are 7 quotes to encourage you to stop waiting and start now.
1. “If we wait until we’re ready, we’ll be waiting for the rest of our lives.” Lemony Snicket
2. “Opportunity dances with those already on the dance floor.” Jackson Brown, Jr.
3. “You’ve got to be a beginner before you can be anything else.” Unknown
4. “Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.” Theodore Roosevelt
5. “Great people do things before they’re ready. They do things before they know they can do it. Doing what you’re afraid of, getting out of your comfort zone, taking risks like that – that’s what life is. You might be really good. You might find out something about yourself that’s really special, and if you’re not good, who cares? You tried something. Now you know something about yourself.” Amy Poehler
6. “The most effective way to do it is to do it.” Amelia Earheart
7. “Inspiration does exist, but it must find you working.” Pablo Picasso
That thing you want to do? It matters. You’re worth it. Stop waiting. Start now.
Are you someone who waits until you’re “ready?” If so, don’t miss this post; it’s one of my favorites!
PS: Ready to start, but struggling to get motivated? Check out this video.